Taylor & Taylor Inc., Miami Beach, Florida www.taylorntaylor.com/
(1) What UECo light do you like to use the most and why?
I love the wall lighting selections as I think wall lights lend an ambience to a space that is inviting and handsome. My favorites are the Lyford in polished nickel, the Parker for drama, and the Loopy for fun!
(2) Your six picks of favorite UECo lights?
1. Campion : Works with so many styles -- chameleon like, 2. Hamilton : Great when its oversized and 2 toned, 3. Diamond Love these in clusters, 4. Gwenwood: Just a happy fixture, 5. Swank: Can't wait to use this one, 6. Lafayette: Always tasteful.
(3) What is your design philosophy?
Do what's appropriate for the Architecture, the location, and the client! If you do that ... You're almost there.
(4) What is something people many not know about your firm?
Although we are thought to be Traditionalist, we are Modernist at heart and do modern designs and houses.
(5) What is your favorite part of a home to design and why?
The entry and family foyers. It's the first impression and sets the mood. It should give you a sense of place and a sense of who lives there. Budgets are generous here too.
(6) Three design resources you can’t live without?
1stDibs, Pinterest and Traveling!!
(7) Best design tips you have learned from experience?
There is always something new to learn. If you don't strive for perfection…. gosh knows what you would get. Have fun with it... Let a smile show in your work.
(8) What do you collect?
Too many things without a common core except, I love them… Lobsters, mud dolls, bar cloth printed fabrics, boxes with porcelain flowers on them and lamps.
(9) What are your favorite paint colors to use?
I am an equal opportunity color lover! There are colors combinations I love though... Pinks & browns, Kelly Green with gray and white, Navy and Flamingo… Putty and Red.
(10) What are your favorite design books?
Bunny Williams, Michael Smith and every Sir Edwin Lutyens book — I own (5)!