Carden Cunnietti, www.carden-cunietti.com, London, UK
(1) What UECo light to you like to use the most and why?
Olga. We have used this fitting in various projects as it is a great solution for a bathroom light. I love it's simplicity and that it can work in modern or traditional settings.
(2) Your five picks of favorite UECo lights?
(3) What is your design philosophy?
Creating a beautiful glamourous space should be fun and enjoyable
(4) What is something people many not know about your firm?
The members of our design team are from all continents.
(5) What is your favorite part of a home to design and why?
My favourite part of the home to design is the bedroom. It's a place where people should feel relaxed and calm.
(6) Three design resources you can't live without?
1. 1st Dibs
2. Our Digital library
3. Trade fairs like Milan Saloni and Maison
(7) Best design tips you have learned from experience?
• Even in a very modern space add vintage pieces to give character.
• Spend money on items that are going to be used everyday like bathroom fixtures as scrimping in these areas can be costly in the long run.
• For flooring: work with neutral base and layer colour in rugs …changing a floor (wood, stone or carpet) can be disruptive and costly.
(8) What do you collect?
(9) What are your favorite paint colors to use?
I change my colour preferences regularly, however white is the best background for modern art.
Navy and black – darker, stronger colours are fun for transitional spaces like hallways, games rooms and corridors.
(10) What are your favorite design books?
"The World of Muriel Brandolini: Interiors" by Muriel Brandolini and Amy Tai
"Live Love and Decorate" by Martyn Lawrence Bullard and Tim Street-Porter